LUCKNOW: The Yogi Adityanath government in Uttar Pradesh has unveiled plans to establish the PM Mitra Mega Textile Park, a ground breaking initiative set to span an extensive 1,000 acres of land in Malihabad tehsil, Lucknow.
This ambitious project is expected to attract a staggering investment of Rs 10,000 crore and create job opportunities for approximately one lakh young individuals, revitalizing the state’s economy.
A Strategic Location Chosen for Connectivity and Convenience
The chosen site for the PM Mitra Mega Textile Park is Attari village in Malihabad tehsil, selected due to its strategic proximity to the rest of the city. Located on the outskirts of Lucknow, the park will offer excellent connectivity with the national and state highway networks. The project site is positioned a mere 20 kilometers away from NH-20 and SH-20, both of which are four-lane roads connecting Lucknow to Sitapur and Hardoi, respectively.
Public-Private Partnership Model and Infrastructure Development
The development of the PM Mitra Mega Textile Park will be undertaken through a robust public-private partnership (PPP) model, ensuring efficient utilization of resources and expertise. The government has allocated Rs 500 crore for the construction of essential infrastructure within the park, providing a solid foundation for future growth and expansion. Furthermore, a dedicated provision of Rs 300 crore has been made for manufacturing units, following a first-come, first-served basis.
Comprehensive Common Infrastructure for Optimal Operations
The PM Mitra Mega Textile Park will boast an array of common infrastructure facilities, catering to the diverse needs of textile businesses. These amenities include a well-planned road network, uninterrupted 24/7 power supply, reliable water supply, spacious warehouses, a zero liquid discharge effluent treatment plant, comprehensive training and skill development facilities, an administrative building with product display capabilities, and an exhibition center equipped with a state-of-the-art testing laboratory.
Enhanced Features for a Flourishing Ecosystem
In addition to the core infrastructure, the textile park will offer a host of enhanced features designed to foster a thriving industrial ecosystem. Workers’ hostels will ensure comfortable accommodation for employees, while dedicated housing zones will create residential spaces for the workforce. The inclusion of medical facilities will cater to the health and well-being of workers, while commercial and recreational amenities will enhance the overall quality of life within the park. Open spaces and parks will provide serene environments for relaxation, and robust security arrangements will ensure a safe and secure working environment.
- The Yogi Adityanath government will establish the PM Mitra Mega Textile Park in Malihabad tehsil, Lucknow.
- The project is expected to attract an investment of Rs 10,000 crore and generate employment for approximately one lakh youth.
- The park will be located in Attari village, chosen for its connectivity with the city and proximity to major highways.
- The project will be developed on a public-private partnership (PPP) model, with Rs 500 crore allocated for infrastructure development.
- An additional provision of Rs 300 crore has been made for manufacturing units on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Common infrastructure at the park includes roads, power supply, water supply, warehouses, effluent treatment plant, training facilities, administrative building, and exhibition center.
- The park will also feature workers’ hostels, housing zones, medical facilities, commercial and recreational amenities, open spaces, and security arrangements.
- The establishment of the PM Mitra Mega Textile Park marks a significant milestone in Uttar Pradesh’s economic growth. This transformative project will not only attract substantial investment but also create numerous employment opportunities, propelling the state toward a prosperous and vibrant future.